Sunday, February 14, 2010

TCS Interviews

 
February 04, 2010 Category : Training & Placements

After the online written test, the next day was the technical round.My friends and I prepared hard for it. Actually, I would like to thank my friends Sonam and Prachi to help me brush up the things i studied in my past semisters. We all reached the venue by 1pm and I got the chance to be interviewed around 7:45 in the evening. Whole day we all were revising the subjects we mentioned in our resumee. But this only dosent work you hav to be done with all your core subjects!!!!

In the technical round i was asked questions on my training both major and minor. Then on C and C++.Also on the subject I mentioned, especially, on Dtata Structure. Major Projects questions were also asked like how would u approach to it.

The technical results were out after some 2 hrs and uptill then i was completely stressed out on seeing the vast no. of rejections in the technical round!! But when i heard my name in the next round qualifying candidates list, all my apprehensions were lost.

Next day we had to report at 9am, it was more stressful,u sleep at 12:30 in the night n report at 9 in the morning. But we all had to do that!! That day wewere scheduled with 2 rounds 1st the managerial round and on qualifying that the next n final was the HR round.

In MR the panel, which i was assigned on, got the record of maximum no. of rejections. This increased my tensions more but i tried to be calm.When my no. came to go in I made myself very very confident. The interviewer made me comfortable in a minute and it increased my confidence level even more. Then he gave me my 1st situation and saw my approach on it. The next question was on my hobbies, to which i replied Dancing and Writing. I was elaborating my Dancing when he asked me to show few steps. I was bit surprised but he went on saying that people generally claim the hobbies which arent there's. I didnt showed any surprised expressions and i stood up to dance. He then urged that if i m not comfortable then no need to do it. But i refused to accept that and danced on Beedi Jalaile. He was impressed by this and also on learning tht i prepared it from TV!!! Then he gave me another situation where i am dancing on the stage on same song and suddenly a group of people in the backside of the audience start throwing eggs on me, how would i handle that situation.To this I answered and he framed questions on my answers, At the end he was very much impressed on my approach.

MR was the round i enjoyed very much!!! There were group of 7 people,who I know, incuding me, out of which only 3 gotselected and i was 1 of them!!! :)

Next was the HR round and in that also i was full of confidence. He asked me about my MR and i gave the appropriate answers and then some general HR questions.

After the final HR round We all were waiting for our results. This was again stressful. But uptill 9:30 we were told our results and I landed in TCS!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment